Saturday, August 29, 2009

New Gallery Representation

My wife and I helped hang the KVIE art auction last weekend and on the way back we decided to stop by the Elliot Fouts Gallery. I know a few people who show there and I had been meaning to get by to check it out. Elliot happened to be there and we had a nice conversation with him. He is a very approachable guy. The next Monday I saw him again at the KVIE preview party. He had looked at my website and although he liked the paintings he thought they were a bit dark. He asked me to stop by the following weekend with a selection of pieces so he could see them in person. I stopped by today and he liked what I brought by. I left a bunch of them there and signed a contract. A couple of hours later I received an email from him saying that he had already sold two pieces! I must say, I couldn't be happier. I am delighted to be a part of such a fine gallery.

5 comments:

Jim said...

Congratulations Craig. Guess I better commission one of those zombie drawings before the price goes up!

Unknown said...

Hey Craig...A Big Congratulations your way!

I like the 3 piece still life above. We gots to get together....

Chuck Law said...

Way to go Craig!
I constantly move the paintings on my wall, but your Canteloupe Slice stays put... I like it better all the time. The hard part ...is always having to tell people that it's not my work ;)

Constance McLennan said...

Congratulations! You have been amazingly diligent with your daily paintings, and it's nice to see you rewarded.

craigstephens said...

Thanks everyone!

Jim, there are no plans to raise the price of zombie pictures at this time.

Frank, Yeah painting in the canyon followed by a beer some afternoon sounds good to me...

Chuck, I'm glad the cantaloupe has staying power!

Constance, thanks for stopping by. Your paintings look wonderful!