Saturday, May 09, 2009

avocado with pit 7x5

Well, 1000 days, 1000 paintings. I'd really like to thank everyone who's been looking at this blog. Knowing that I actually have a small audience has been a big help in keeping me going. I'd also like to thank my wife for being incredibly supportive. I could not have done it without her. The last thousand days have had their ups and downs, painting-wise, but I think I've met my overall goal of becoming a better painter. I have developed a bit of creative momentum and I actually have more painting ideas than I've ever had before so I'm pretty excited about continuing. I'm probably going to do some larger paintings in the near future that require more than one day to complete so I may not be posting every day and I might even take a break every now and then but when I do paint, I will continue to post the results here.

Thanks again!

Sold

7 comments:

catmac said...

Fantastic job! What an amazing exercise in discipline & a great way to hone your mad painting skillz. I do wish your 1000th was a fire hydrant, though!

Thread Faerie said...

Congratulations! Checking your blog has been a part of my Sunday morning routine since last fall. Thank you for the inspiration.

macmike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your collection of work and your practice. It's been a highlight of the last few years to keep up with your wandering eye. I love the projector fish.

Pollyanna

Meladee said...

Congrats Craig...job well done!

Chuck Law said...

Congratulations Craig
You've been a big inspiration for me that's for sure. I'm so happy to have even one of the one thousand..and I hope to get more in the future, I really want a landscape to go with the melon slice.
It's funny ...a while ago I went back to see your first postings. They were good, but your impressive discipline has surely paid off. Well Done!!
Good Luck with the large stuff!
....Chuck

craigstephens said...

Thank you so much everyone!
You've nailed the point of the whole project Chuck. Daily practice was the best way for me improve. I think classes and workshops are great but they only get you so far.