Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm not stopping!

Hi everyone, and thank you all for the kind notes of congratulations. I just want to make it clear that I am not ending my practice of posting a painting every day. The 17th century samurai Tesshu made a practice that lasted 1000 consecutive days and painting is far less rigorous than what he did. It is also said that he produced over one million pieces of calligraphy in his lifetime. Obviously he became very proficient at what he did. I'm trying to pick up a little bit of that spirit.

3 comments:

Chuck Law said...

Congratulations Craig!! I started following Daily Painting last winter, and now I can look forward to a new and full year of your special brand of paintings. It's in my mind to eventually own one. Your work and discipline inspire me ...that's for sure !

paint on...

DJ Kirkby said...

Hurrrah!!!!!

Sharon Henson, Artist said...

Good news!!!!!!