Sunday, November 23, 2008

cemetery 6x8

I joined a local plein air painters meet up group about a week ago and today I met up with some of them at the old Sacramento Cemetery. I've driven by it hundreds of times on my way to the river to paint, but this is the first time I've gone inside. It's a really nice place to paint with a lot of future potential. I'll be back for sure. In addition to finding a new place to paint I also met some really nice people, among them, David Lobenberg, a fellow Sacramento area blogger. I'm looking forward to the next outing I can attend.
Sold

4 comments:

michael mikolon said...

Hey I joined that group as well, I was home with really bad poison oak and was highly medicated. Great painting, I would love to go sometime and paint the headstones.

Anonymous said...

I just noticed that your name is on one of the grave markers!?!

Tonja in Sacramento said...

I just discovered the City Cemetery also. I highly recommend their guided tours - lots of good history there!

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice one! Glad that day was a good one for you. My cousin loved the pastel I did. You should try to join us up in Amador City Sunday!