Thursday, September 27, 2007

orbit 6x6

I've been looking at some very inspiring landscape painting lately. It's one of the things I'd like to pursue but I seem to have a mental block. I see scenes that I'd like to paint all of the time but when I show up with my paint box I always think there'd be somthing better around the next corner. I've managed to fritter away hours in this fasion. I'm going to try to be less particular in the future, just paint and see what I can learn.
This is our local Orbit Gas in Orangevale. I've always loved this type of architecture. It's what people in the past thought the future would look like. They were wrong. Nothing looks like this now that we are actually in the future except for this left over stuff from our past.
On a side note, I'd like to take a moment to thank my wife, JanaƩ. She has been unfailingly patient and supportive through the last four hundred and nine paintings. I couldn't have done it without her. I love her very much.
Sold

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I like about this is it looks like a far more advanced civilization is just about to land on that Orbit station from above & prove just how primitive we are.

Anonymous said...

This is really different! The painting has all spikey energy. I love the night view.

DJ Kirkby said...

That was absolutely lovely that you took the time to thank your wife.

Leslie Sealey said...

Wow, what a cool painting!